tvb.com

tvb.com

Ductile iron pipe wall thickness

Hi,

I would like to know what is the formula of wall thickness for K12 ductile iron pipe(DIP) ? And the range of acceptance range for K12 (DIP) wall thickness ?

Thanks so much !

發表於 Posted on: 2016-10-13 12:54

Nara08
帖數 Posts: 4
回頂端 / Top
Not sure what is your question.

There is no formula. You should be able to get pipe dimensional data from your supplier. All certified pipes should conform to ANSI/AWWA C150/A21.50 or equivalent.

That goes for the acceptable Working Pressure as well. Reputable manufacturers should be able to provide you with test certificates showing the Proof Pressure (the max internal pressure the pipe can take without yielding) of samples and that the pipes have passed the Test Pressure of 1.5X of rated Working Pressure.

For safety and liability, I would not use pipes that have no Certificates of Compliance, including Material Certificates (showing material compositions and properties.) That's pretty much standard.

In the end, don't rely on what strangers (including me) tell you on the Internet. You are solely responsible for your decision. You can at most use this as a reference.

發表於 Posted on: 2016-10-13 14:03

NocturnalCrawler
帖數 Posts: 39
回頂端 / Top
Hi,

Let me rephrase my question that what is the CLASS DESIGNATIONS AND CALCULATIONS OF
STANDARD WALL THICKNESS OF PIPES AND FITTINGS based on ISO 2531 and BS 4772 ?

for example : what is formula of The standard wall thickness of class K9 pipes up to and including DN 200 are calculated by the formula ?

BTW, thanks for your brave heart and enthusitice comments and answers with my questions and quick responses. Of course, i will only use it as reference. As some sages "Don’t hesitate to hypothesize and test the hypothesis with care."

發表於 Posted on: 2016-10-14 11:49

Nara08
帖數 Posts: 4
回頂端 / Top
Oh, if you are asking for "How to convert the K and the DN numbers into wall thicknesses," that's simple enough. The equations are already listed in Section 1.4 of the BS 4772 you mentioned. You may look that up in your copy of the BS 4772 or ISO 2531. I am not authorized to reproduce that section of the copyrighted material.

Most manufacturers also have computed data tabulated for pipes that they supply. You can also ask your supplier for a copy of the table.

Also, please note that the pressure rating listed in Table 2 of BS 4772 is for "basic" sizing only. Note for any fine print and footnote such as if surge is included, etc. Your implementation may (or may not) need to include other standards also.

發表於 Posted on: 2016-10-15 2:59

NocturnalCrawler
帖數 Posts: 39
回頂端 / Top