youhoo
帖數 Posts: 2078
回頂端 / Top
越鬥越有看頭

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-14 21:55

kitkit1226
帖數 Posts: 23
回頂端 / Top
新抱喜相逢 - please no. One of the worst dramas. Got a headache. Please.

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-15 5:05

Woopi
帖數 Posts: 776
回頂端 / Top
@WOOPI 你是不是不喜歡看喜劇啊?我發現你套套喜劇都說是bad show..... hahaha

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-16 21:37

juicesky
帖數 Posts: 79
回頂端 / Top
@juicesky

Ha? HAHAHA. I will try to remind myself not to be so negative. I really appreciate your gentle reminders for I didnt realize this myself.

May be I actually like dramas that explore the darkness of life in hope of finding a light in the darkest place. To think of it, I do spend much time on reading news about massacres, murders, and suicides. I love Mindful Hunters. I watch a lot of news/documentary videos of people who suffer tremendously. My favourite animation is Frankenweenie which is so dark. I cant stand animations like Frozen or those with some cute animals. I hate the romance between Cherry and Saving, Law Ling Jing and that richman, etc. I love the sad ending of ER. I love Vampire.

But then i also love Come Home Love, May Fortune Smile on You, Doctor X, and 99.9.

I really dont understand myself.

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-17 1:04

Woopi
回頂端 / Top
@Woopi 我跟你想法完全相反,我不介意故事开头是悲伤的但结局希望是皆大欢喜。我觉得生活中已经有太多不如意不完美的事,我不想连在电视屏幕里也看到那么悲的一幕。不过我也不喜欢Saving&cherry( 太过很闷)。

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-17 15:06

juicesky
帖數 Posts: 79
回頂端 / Top
I agree. There is much misery in life. This is why I want to look to see how to find hope, beauty, and meaning in misery, ashes, or desperation.

I dont like the "we finally have our own ways" kind of happy endings. You can look to many fortunate people in real life for those. But is this what life is all about? And other less fortunate ones just have to suffer meaninglessly and wait to die? Or their happiness come from knowing others who are more unfortunate than they are--which is so sick.

I studied parents whose children who have committed massacres. One just blamed it on depression leading to suicides (and suicide often associates with killing others according to her???) and hence the massacre. She..

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-18 1:16

Woopi
回頂端 / Top
...she insisted on having done her best to raise her child in love and couldnt have prevented the massacre, etc. Really? And she kept on putting the blame on everyone else. There were so many serious signs that her child was disturbed (arrest for broke in and theft, violent video or report she had been notified of, suspension from school for threatening a classmate, etc) that she had just brushed off, and she was rich--meaning she could afford the resources to help him. She has excuses for not noticing her child was in serious mental trouble for each incident. Ok, even if each isolated excuse is valid, when there were so many incidents, you would start to know. Instead, she chose to yell at her son and was physically rough with him because he didnt help with house work as he used to and didnt buy her mother day's gift.

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-18 1:27

Woopi
回頂端 / Top
But now she said that her purpose is to advoate for mental illness, and she has become a spokesperson at conferences with thousands cheering her on as the hero, published a best-seller, and divorced her husband because he does not agree with her in the grieving process. So, a person who blamed it all on others and made a great career out of the tradegy is treated as a hero. Would u consider this a happy ending for her?

Our world is so focused on happy ending, so everyone is so selfish in gaining more and more for oneself--even if it hurts others--to ensure a happy ending for oneself. Few are willing to extend a helping hand to the most vulnerable by sacrificing what one has--because doing so is meaningless if ending is all that is that matters.

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-18 1:33

Woopi
回頂端 / Top
But if we focus on the process, finding meaning, beauty, and love in the process, then the world could be more beautiful and happiness is not excluded only to the "fortunate" ones with happy endings. But we just see so few cases like that in today's world.

Let's look at the father of another massacre killer. He didnt just blame it on other people or mental illness. He said he did wrong for beating his son up severely during his childhood, and that affected the temperament or mental health of his son. Nobody cheers him on as a hero. He is the guilty scum. He is no conference speaker, best-selling author, or heroic advocate for mental health.

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-18 1:52

Woopi
回頂端 / Top
But his courageous in admitting the truth and taking on the responsibility, the humility, and the contrited heart really touch me. He is the true advocate for mental health because he is willing to accept pain, shame, and despise for the rest of his life to testify to the damage of severe corporal punishment on the mental health of children. I find a lot of beauty in this. But our modern society does not like losers like that...

Moreover, when you can accept and forgive our own mistakes after remorse, live through the pain, you learn to forgive others, become more humble, open minded, compassionate and kind towards others in need. But if you are still in denial, still trying to strive for the winnng pose, you cant forgive yourself (cuz you feel you have done no wrong and need no forgiveness), you are not helping anyone except through encouraging them to be in denial also, you are still proud, and your compassion and kindness have not increased really.

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-18 2:28

Woopi
回頂端 / Top
In EU Overtime, at the end, everyone was so tired of trying to manipulate the environment to get the ending he/she desired. They had gone through the process over and over again. They have really given it the best but things could still get worse. In the end, they understand that the goal of life is not about getting the ending we desire, rather, our response (the process) matters more. Life is about giving our best for others (not only self) irrespective if the ending is what we desire. Love is about helping each other to become a better person with love, integrity, kindness, willingless to fight for justice, etc. So admist tradegy and the "sad" ending, there is still hope, meaning, joy, love. So everyone can still have hope no matter what has happened or not happened. This is true for Tiger Gor and his wife, for Vincent Wong, and for Tracey.

發表於 Posted on: 2017-06-18 2:28

Woopi
回頂端 / Top